11th OOCUR Conference, 2013 - Belize
11th Annual Conference
Theme: “CHALLENGES TO REGULATORY POWER IN BORDERLESS SOCIETIES”.
- Environmental Issues in Electricity and Water.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Telecoms Reforms.
- System Losses - The Impact on Consumers and on The National Economy.
- Non-Revenue Water - A Cause of Concern for Regional Service Providers.
- Market Reform - Does Regulated State-owned enerprises compromise Regulator's Values?
- Managing The Regulatory Process - Working With The News Media To Get The Message Across.
- The Possible Effects of Radiation on A Community from Cell Sites.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM LOSSES: Impacts on Customers and Economies by Allison A. Jean - Executive Director, CARILEC.
- The Rollout of Smart Grids in the Caribbean... by Ms. Carol Balkaran - Senior Tariff Analyst, RIC, Trinidad & Tobago.
- DOING BUSINESS 2014: Indicators on Getting Electricity by Caroline Frontigny - Research Analyst, Doing Business Project.
- Potential Regulatory & Industry Impacts of Telecommunications... by Connie Hartman, Senior Systems Engineer, inconectiv.
- The Role of the Regulator in Fraud Prevention in a Regulated Utility by Connie Joseph - Financial Analyst, IRC, Dominica.
- Net Metering Implementation in Belize by Derek Davis – PUC, Belize.
- Dominica’s Electricity needs: A plan for sustainability by Francis Paul - IRC, Dominica.
- Perspectives of Regulation by Harry Noble.
- Regulation in the EU and US: Should the Caribbean follow suit? by Julian Wilkins - Director, Telecoms Public Policy, Digicel.
- Assessing the Efficacy of Government’s Targeted Utility Subsidies... by Leah Goddard-Pierre - Tariff Analyst, RIC, Trinidad & Tobago.
- Regulating State-owned Utilities: Information, Incentives and Governance by Dr. Mark Jamison - Director, PURC.
- Aged Water Infrastructure: A Case Study of Unearthing WASA by Nicolyn Raymond-Parks - SP & D Coordinator, Belize.
- A Look at Our Neighbours - The Central American Electricity Integration by Jeffrey Locke - CE Office, BEL.
- Spectrum Harmonization of the 700 MHz band for LTE by Roberto Young - GM, Engineering & Planning.
- Reconfiguration Options for Water Operations in Rural Areas of Belize by Rudolph S.Williams Jr., PUC, Belize.
- Financial Indicators in a Borderless Society by Sugrim Mungal - RIC, Trinidad & Tobago.
- Contractual Issues of Non-Revenue Water Contracts by David Ehrhardt, Nils Janson, and Traci Kuratomi.
- Market Reform: Does Regulated State-owned Enterprises Compromise Regulator's Values? by Victor Lewis.
- Development of a Rate Setting Methodology by Victor Lewis.
- Small Scale LNG for Power in the Caribbean by Winston D. Robotham - Sr. Economic and Regulatory Analyst, OUR, Jamaica.